Monday, September 12, 2016

Helly Lovely, from the Island

<><> Life on the island, I can already feel it, is going to be a life of trying new things, facing my fears, being brave and growing in faith  <><>
<<<<>>>> 
<<<<>>>>
I'm just going to start with today because quite honestly it feels like today I'm just waking up from the weeks of transition. One day our house is being sold, the next I'm having a baby, the next we're driving 22 hours with 3 toddlers across country and somehow it feels like I've literally been plopped in this condo on some island surrounded by palm trees. If it sounds like a dream, it kinda feels like one. I don't want to wake up from the dream, but I do want to wake up from the fog.
<<<>>>
If no one ever reads my blog that's ok. I just keep coming back to my love for writing. I always say I probably would've been happier in the postal letter days when women wrote beautifully hand written cursive letters to their dearest friends as their main form of communication. They had such poetic writing and expressed the words on their heart so thoughtfully. So here I am writing to you, Hello Lovely friend wherever you are, to share a piece of my heart in the most beautiful handwritten form I can express. Wanna be pen pals?
 <<<>>>
<<<>>>
I survived week one. My boys are playing with their boogie boards attached to trucks and running around our tiny unit, my baby girl is sleeping on my chest and I'm pinching myself. Are we really living on a island? I fully intended on writing to you every step of the way all the crazy moments or funny anecdotes of the day. I was going to put on my big girl pants and determine to face it all bravely but reality is I was really just surviving it all. There's definitely stories to share; our 8 minute trip to Walmart or my first experience with a massively large beetle that appeared on the wall or sitting in the back seat with 3 crazy tots to keep the sanity and maybe those stories will surface again but for today I just want to have a cup of coffee with you and start fresh. 

Today I face my second Monday... alone ...with the kids while hubs is back at work. And for me it's completely terrifying. I didn't have a chance after Cora was born to really have full days home by myself to adjust to this mom of three gig and now I find myself adjusting to island life too. So today we're watching cartoons, playing with trucks and boogie boards, going to the post office then naptime. Today is going to be just another ordinary day but ordinary is important when you're facing transition periods and ordinary can still be fun, ordinary can teach your kids how to get along, ordinary can be peaceful, ordinary can teach us mamas how to Be Still and grow in contentment or even teach us to love ourselves in pjs, no makeup and ponytail hair. 

><>< Love to you from the Island ><><

LETTER #1 
>>>>>>>>>Move across country with 3 tots

No comments:

Post a Comment