Sunday, September 11, 2016

Island Bound: Starting a new chapter

<><><>You got this ONE step of faith at a time. You can Be Brave <><><>
<><><><><>
Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
    all you who hope in the Lord. 
Psalm 31:24   
<><><><><><><><><> 
<><><><><><><><><><>
It's a new day, a new chapter is turning and we are on the verge of a totally different way of life. Have you ever faced something that both terrified you and excited you?
I've talked so much about adventure and missions and exploring the world, but truth is I'm a big 'ol pansy. I was all talk. I made my big move to Minnesota and even though the idea of moving somewhere exotic on other side of the world excited me, it terrified me all at the same time and I couldn't actually make the leap. I felt safe in MN, it had become familiar and I felt comfortable.

Then we took our trip to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina in March and we both knew our lives were about to drastically change. That's when I realized just how comfortable I'd become. I didn't want to just talk about being brave, I wanted to actually BEE Brave and be that example to my kids. I wanted my kids to be able to explore God's beautiful creation year round. I can't really claim it's an exotic location but it does have tropical winters and that's exotic enough for me. It was time to put my words to action and grow in faith ONE step at a time.

The journey was going to be long but when you know a new chapter is turning, you know you have to press on bravely . . .one . . . step. . . at a time and we knew now was time or the other option was become complacent.
<><><>  
So our next step was Fix up the house---List the house---Sell the house---Give Birth to Cora---Say goodbye to my house---Sit on our bench one last time before we begin our journey to our new home and see how chapter one of our new life would unfold.
<><><>
"You're so brave," some friends would say. . . Uhhh frazzled, terrified, insecure is more like it, but brave? I sure don't feel brave. I say I need to buy a Brave tshirt, strap on a cape and pretend to be a superwoman (call me Super Island? Exotic Hero to the rescue? I don't know, I'll ask my boys and get back to ya on that). All I know is we can't go backwards, we can only face our fears today and move forward.  We've already survived the long road trip with three toddlers under three, crossed the state line and found ourselves plopped on the island.. . . so what's next?
<><><><><>
Follow me in Island life and who knows what surprises may come.
<><><>
<><><><><>
Today is road trip day. 
>>> 22 hours over 6 days with 3 toddlers under 3 <<<
Let's do this.
<><><>
<>/<>   We mamas can Bee Brave   <>/<>
>>> Welcome Home <<<
<><><>

No comments:

Post a Comment