Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Remember

Today's Challenge: Remember sweet memories
It's nothing mind blowing today, but I'm just being introspective and I think it's important for us to look back from time to time. I put the boys to bed and just let my mind roam away as I scrolled through old pictures and memories. I think it's so sweet to be reminded of where we've been, what we were doing at that time, what we were learning or struggles we faced and then it feels like everything from that moment until now just flashes before our eyes. You can see how you really have grown or seen God walking with you on that path. We remember our past because we want to remember God's faithfulness through it all and His promise to continue walking with us. 
He is the same God yesterday, today and forever.

I remember this day so clearly. Hidden behind the smiles and beautiful, perfect sunny day at the apple farm, I was crying to my husband doubting God would answer this specific prayer, and since then He has in a huge way. Through it all, God has walked with me every step of the way.

A little introspection sprinkled in is good for the soul.
Remember all the good God has done for you.
And be thankful the trials make us stronger.
Sprinkle what's good and true and beautiful everyday, 
and you will bloom.
Blessed is the man
    who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
    nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree
    planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season,
    and its leaf does not wither.
In all that he does, he prospers.
The wicked are not so,
    but are like chaff that the wind drives away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous;
for the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked will perish.
Psalms 1

No comments:

Post a Comment