Sunday, January 31, 2016

Grow with Love (Week 5)

Yaaaayyy I finally get to do the fun stuff. Apparently we all had some lessons in love to learn over these weeks, I know I did. 
These weeks have challenged and inspired me and my cup overflows. 
Let the week of fun Lovin' begin. . .
I'm SO excited for LOVE DAY, yea ok so Daniel Tiger inspired me, many of us here are moms, but this week is going to be great if you really ENGAGE in the activities.

1.) Love Notes & Gifts
Write a list of all the special women in your life and then set a budget, if you have no budget then write love notes, or look around your house for extra gifts or something special you can make. I have a tendency to pick up cute little gifty things when I see them on sale and store them away for when a friend needs some cheer. Here's a few simple ideas: socks, gum, mug,nail polish, Jamberry swag, chocolate, get creative and have FUN with it.
Then pick a day that's going to be Love Day for you this week and go drop off the gifts or mail them out. It's all about loving on our sweet girlfriends.
2.) Blessing Bags
If you have a heart for homeless then Blessing Bags are a super fun way to reach out. More and more people are catching the fire to spread a bit of love. I snagged this image off google, but use it as a reference to get inspired and personalize it how you want. Let yourself get pumped up, turn on that Home Alone soundtrack (doesn't that soundtrack just make you want to jump off your seat and go save the world?) and go put some bags together. The Dollar Store has great useful items for, hey, a dollar. Can't beat that budget.
Maybe you have a heart for kids or a specific group of people. Maybe you just love to be out and about doing your Target runs and you see that person who could use a little extra dose of love. Whatever stirs up your heart, pick your Love Day this week and start putting feet to the pavement. I am so eager to hear stories of where Blessing Bags are spread.

3.) Bless Others Envelope
It's uhhh-mazing how far $100 will go when you take a leap of faith and put that money in a designated envelope to give to others. It's even more amazing to see how God blesses the socks off you just for being willing to set that money aside when you think you can't afford it. You can. If you really can't, start with $50 or $25, but put it in an envelope, carry it with you and be praying specifically who God leads you to bless. He will tell you. 
This one is my MOST favorite to hear stories of what happens.
I just can't take it, I just love it too much to hear God rockin' the socks off people, my heart could just burst. Get ready for it. Pick your Love Day this week and carry that sweet, special envelope with you with that person (or people) in mind.
Happy Love Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment