Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Christmas Cheer

Today's Cheerful Challenge: Creatively send a note of love to someone
It's December 1st and in my house that means Christmas decorating, never a day early to take away from the Thanksgiving season. It's also that time of year when your families get together and it's almost inevitable there's one family member you're "off" with. Get creative, get on your knees, pray for that person and then mail off that something special.
Need ideas? Read on my lovely friend.
For some, the Christmas season is the most wonderful time of year. For some, it's just a bitter reminder of a lost dream. For some, it's a heart-wrenching season of pain and loss. For me, I truly love this time of year. It brings family and friends together in some of the most real and raw ways. It tends to bring out my worst at moments but then I'm reminded Jesus came to the earth in the most humble, tender, loving ways and then he continued to humble himself throughout his 33 years of life when he died on the cross for us. Being humbled is never easy but it always makes us more lovely in the end.
1.) Maybe you need to sit down and pour your heart out in a letter
2.) Be reminded of your need for forgiveness and extend that to others
3.) Color a picture that describes your love for that person
4.) I may be a true Idealist at heart, but take a walk and find things that remind you of that person
5.) Spend $5 dollars at the dollar store and mail it off
6.) What does loving UNconditionally look like? I know I have a lot to learn.
7.) Make a popsicle craft with your kids
8.) I know I sure have a big challenge here, but maybe it's that time of year to dig deep in your heart and find a way to love that person- pray, ask God to give you love
9.) Find the largest candy store in your area and pick out the most random candy (I hear Bean-Boozled is all the craze for kids these days!) 


 I have so much to be thankful for and celebrate today. My 2 year old is starting to understand why we celebrate Christmas, my 1 yo is spunky and nuts, my husband has been so gracious and patient with me, I'm just a rumpled beautiful mess who wants to show loveliness through loving others. I challenge you to face that difficult relationship and find a way to love that person. Humble yourself like a child and God will lift you up.




No comments:

Post a Comment