Saturday, January 7, 2017

Baby Bird Room

A Baby bird room inspired by pearls and peach.
I love this sweet little girl to death and every detail in her room reflects it.
<><><>
<><>Hummingbird<><>
I'm not a spiritual, one-with-nature kind of hippy girl but I picked a bird for each of my kids. I love what birds symbolize and the Biblical references to birds. 
Soar high on the wings of eagles
His eye is on the sparrow
God takes care of the birds how much more will He take care of us
Birds are free and strong and sing their own song.
Hummingbirds glisten in the sun and they're so resilient for being so small, they're fighters that weather the windiest of storms.
 
I saved my dolls and books from my childhood for my hoped for daughter.
We have hoped and prayed for her, longed and loved her long before she was born.
"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139:13-14
<><><><>
  <><><><><><>
<<The World is Your Oyster, little one>>

It may not be a Biblical truth but I love the parallel to the hardships we face in life. Some oysters are easy to open, they're harder to open the bigger they get but it's worth the struggle to open for the pearl. A pearl is a treasure worth pursuing and fighting for. God has a beautiful plan for your life and it takes pursuing, prayer, struggle and courage to unlock the oyster in order to discover God's treasure. Our true treasure is God's Word and in it we discover God's will for our lives. You are a fighter and we pray courage and bravery over you to allow God's plan to unfold in your life.
<><><><>

 "Mother of Pearl"

Daddy carved Cora's name. I realize we're not all skilled or craft or artsy but I do believe whole heartedly we express our love in our own unique way, why else do we live in such a pinterest world full of people expressing so much beautiful things? I don't compare to pinterest anymore, I try not to copy, but only use it for inspiration to jumpstart my own creativity and find my own song to sing. 
<><><><><>
My prayer for my kids is to discover their own song and sing the song God has put on their heart. 
<><><>
I believe it's so important for kids to have a fun room, a sanctuary, a safe place, a special place to rest. It doesn't have to be pretty and pinterest, but it should reflect their mama's love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment