Friday, April 26, 2013

A Pregnancy story.

This is a story that began 9 months ago, a story I don't want to forget, a "but God" story where my plans were tossed out the window but God provided!!
I'm down to the last days (maybe minutes) of this pregnancy. Everything is on holding pattern, bags are packed, room is ready and over the last few days, God has been calming my fears and preparing me for what's next. His timing is perfect. Even though I've complained a lot about this extra long winter, I'm starting to see what a blessing it's been to have an extra long season of rest.
God's timing is perfect.
Once upon a hot month of August, we had reached our lowest of lowest points in our marriage. Everything had been piling up over the course of the year and just when we thought things couldn't become more out of our control, more uncertain, I broke my foot with no insurance to cover the accident. As if that wasn't the lowest, the first week of September, we found ourselves looking at blue lines on a pregnancy stick.
Shock. No words.
We were beyond fearful of our unknown future.
Our plans were tossed out the window.
Now as I look back, I see nothing "but God's" provision.
I would've liked to move into a house, but God had other plans.
I would've liked to get a job, but God had other plans.
I would've liked to travel the world, but God had other plans.
We took the pregnancy month by month and watched as God increasingly provided our every need. In the first month, we re-applied for insurance and got accepted. The next month, we applied for a hospital program and our medical bills were wiped clean. There were times we came home to free groceries. People gave us their extra meat to share. Baby supplies were given to us. In the fourth month, we moved closer to hubs job, everyday with his job was uncertain through the brutal winter months, but everyday our needs were met. God just kept showing up time and time again.
In the fifth month, we found a church that welcomed us in and from the very start poured blessings over us. They invited is over for meals, gave us their unused kid stuff. It's just been incredible to sit back and watch God's plan unfold. There were times my grasp on my plans was so tight and my head was about to explode, but God showed up AGAIN! In month six, our finances were low, dipping into savings and we received a large check in an envelope. Isn't God good? In month seven, we received another large check in the mail and we decided (hesitantly) to put it towards college debt. Our 15-yr plan is now down to a 3-yr plan. Over time, my grip has been loosening and I've had no choice but to trust God.
We've received tubs of clothes, toys, books, cribs, strollers, car seats, all for FREE from different friends and family. Praise the Lord for his provision. In month eight, we were thrown 2 baby showers and received all we could possibly need or want and more (and doubles even!).
When God showers us with blessing, he brings on the downpour!!
My hands are wide open and I am not gripping onto my plans anymore.
God's plans are much better. Not usually what I have in mind, but better.
If you have this 5 year plan in mind or waiting until you're ready to get pregnant, graduating, getting a job, whatever the case may be for you; God's plans are for us to raise children and to raise children who will follow after Him. God doesn't care if you're successful in some career or how fancy your resume looks; He cares about family, He cares about raising up the next generation of Christ followers. If you can't get pregnant yet, that's one thing and God's timing is perfect. If you don't want to get pregnant yet, call me politically incorrect or a ranting crazy, but God has been showing me how truly selfish that is.
I had my plans, but 9 months later. . . I will insert foot into mouth and shut up already. I've seen my selfishness and I've been humbled by God showing up time and time again.  Jobs weren't working out for me, it was driving me nuts I couldn't provide everything our newborn would need, but so humbling to watch God meet our need.
I encourage you, my beautiful friend, loosen your grip on life and let God be the great God he wants to be in your life. Let him reveal his great story to you and let him bring on the downpour of blessing.

There is always an end to every difficult season and Spring always comes!! 
I couldn't will myself to get pregnant, I didn't feel I was a likely candidate, we had no money, no insurance, and we couldn't fathom how it would be a possibility to even get pregnant let alone raise a child. But now I see when God wants something to happen
He makes it happen.

Has something seemingly impossible ever happened in your life that was out of your control and pretty quickly you realized only God could make a way?

No comments:

Post a Comment