Thursday, April 16, 2015

Sex Sex Sex.

We talked about God wanting us to find freedom to enjoy life.
Well what about God wanting us to be free to enjoy the pleasures of life and be free in marriage!?!
I'm sorry but the church is failing miserably in this one particular area and I'm so grateful to my brave, humble, wise, beautiful teacher Ruth for having the courage to share her passion for strengthening marriages in her class "Awaken Love". (contact info below)
It has changed my whole perspective and awakened my marriage. 
We talk about every naughty word under the sex umbrella and it.. is... amazing!! to talk about and say the words and so freeing. 
Sex, Sex, Sex there I said it. Now you say it. Isn't it so freeing and fun to let it out?

Masturbation, clitoris, G-spot, orgasm, penis, vagina, sex positions. 
Let me tell you. 
God designed all of these words to be used and experienced in the security of marriage and yet we blow off the topic. I was raised to believe sex is a gift, save it for marriage and then it will be great. We talked about it in one session during pre-marital counseling. After we got married it was like "Ok good luck figure it out. Have fun" with a smirk like they knew something we didn't and didn't want to share the secret. 

Would you go to the island of Kauai and paradise and say "Eh it's pretty"?
Would you eat the finest food, fresh and perfect straight from God's great earth and say "Ho hum it's ok"? 
Would you marry the man you prayed for and waited for for over a decade and say "Ohh Sex is fine"?
Wow my friend, ya know what I'm realizing? 

It is a SIN to NOT enjoy the pleasures that God created. 
We feel the breeze in our hair and take in that deep wonderful breath of fresh air.
We slowly indulge our taste buds with that rich moist chocolatey cake.
We let the Hawaiian waves permeate every fiber of our being.
We even savor that last sip of morning coffee.
And yet when we bring up Sex we say "Oh yea hum, oh yea that" and move on as if it's no big deal.

And yet it's God's greatest pleasure and gift.

Maybe you were deeply wounded by some sexual encounter, maybe molested or raped, maybe you believed awful lies from the media, friends or family, maybe you just feel ugly about yourself for some reason. You know my story, a coach molested me, I guarded sex and clung tight to it. I said No, No, No for all those dating years. I felt guilty whenever any line was crossed with boyfriends. I have my fair share of baggage but I. AM. BLOWN. AWAY. by the TRUTH of what I'm learning and what the Bible actually says. 

God created sex to be talked about, to be reveled in and enjoyed. 
He designed married couples to be FREE in their marriage bed. Have you read Song of Solomon lately? There's not much God says NOT to do. So why put rules on things where rules are not placed? 

The BEAUTY and LOVELINESS of a carefree woman is a woman who is free with her husband, openly and lovingly enjoys the pleasures of marriage and honors her husband. 
Naked and unashamed. Can you picture what that looks like for your own marriage?

My passion for strengthening my marriage is blossoming and helping wives find their freedom in marriage is ever-growing. 

What a beautiful complex exciting pleasure God created. 
Let's talk about it more and grow to have great marriages.


More of Ruth's class info or if you want to contact her.

Ruth's blog Building Intimate Marriages God's Way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment