Saturday, May 16, 2015

the Nesting place

This book has changed my whole perspective on HOME.
I grew up with this deep longing for adventure and travel and exploration. I want to be a free bird and throw caution to the wind and just live. I had dreams of decorating a cutesy house one day but I didn't want to settle down. I can't do both. Oxymoron I know. I fought the thought of a house for years. I resented friends who chose housework over quality time. When I got married, we had an idealistic picture of the life we thought we would live. So instead of putting my whole heart into anything or embracing where we lived, I was miserable in an apartment surrounded by junk and everyone's hand-me-downs. Everything was temporary in my mind. I was always living for "what's next". One big comparison game of wanting a different exciting life. 

Then my sister in law sent me this book and it changed my whole outlook. It changed my misery to hope. 
 We took the leap of faith and bought a house. That doesn't mean we have to live here forever but it does mean we have to put our whole heart into living where we're at and BLOOM where we're planted.
 Before. . .
 
I started taking weekly trips to Thrift stores, Home Goods, or World Market, even some finds at Estate Sales. I found treasures buried underneath, hidden behind, tossed to the red section. If it made me smile, if it was happy, if I looked at it and thought I love this- I bought it. (And thanks to Jamberry I had the money to cozy up this room!)
After. . .
Home isn't in travel and adventure, home is wherever you're at and if you're surrounded by things you love and things that make it feel like home then you can always take those special things wherever you land and buy new basics. Maybe I'll live in 13 homes throughout my life but I'll always feel like home. Who knows maybe our next home will be in Hawaii or Europe or South Africa but we're in Minnesota for now and it doesn't matter where we live as long as we're blooming and growing in every season.





Be BRAVE today. 
Take that step you know you've needed to take. Embrace where you're at and bloom wherever you're planted. 
And our final finish. Maybe a few added touches as I feel, who knows.
Remember that ugly lamp I was complaining about and symbolized by wallowing attitude?!?
I stopped wallowing. I took my step I needed to take. And now it's freshened up and on display on my Jamberry desk. What step are YOU going to take?


No comments:

Post a Comment