Thursday, September 22, 2016

Take me to the Sea

The dream was hidden deep, deep in the sand.
 Somewhere along the way we become grow ups, cynical, skeptical, boring ol' grown ups and we lose our child-like optimism.
Last winter was my last straw. I couldn't handle another winter, I felt the walls caving in on me one time too many. It was time for a CHANGE, a vacation, a move, something. 
So I prayed like I never prayed before, please God let this be a year of change, turn our road, throw a wrench in our plans and bring us to a new place. I was >>completely open<< to whatever change was coming.
We took a vacation to the sea 3 months after I prayed that prayer.
9 months later we moved to the sea.
 <<>>
 Be careful what you pray for, God hears. If you're going to pray a big prayer then you best be ready to take the steps. God answers prayer but He expects us to trust Him in every step of faith we take. My prayer wasn't with a heart of needing a fairy godmother to magically satisfy my selfish desire. I genuinely wanted to be challenged, pushed to new growth, go where I had a chance to blossom.
<<>>
God may know what's ahead, but He hears our prayer and uses our prayers to refine our faith. Let's be honest, this life ain't easy, but if we can hold strong to our faith, press on through the hard times then God will show Himself faithful and the desires of our heart will be fulfilled.
<<>>
So put your swimsuit on and head to the sea so you can dig up those old dreams because God hears. 
<<>>
<<>>

No comments:

Post a Comment