Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Beauty Box.

(BLT: Christmas Cheer pt. 2)
 I debated sharing this with you but it truly was God inspired for a dear friend of mine and I hope it will either inspire you to think outside the box (no pun intended) for one of your friends or for you to just be encouraged today. 
"Beauty Box" 
You are a treasure. You are lovely. You really are even if you don't believe it. 
I have this friend who I desperately want to know without any doubt that she is not a piece of garbage, she is loved and adored by her family, her friends, and above all our Almighty God. Call me an idealist but here goes nothing. I found this box in Europe. I watched the maker put the finishing touches on it, I handpicked this box, wrapped it carefully and brought it safely home. This box has traveled with me through several moves and I have treasured this box. In it are special little items that remind me of joy in the midst of a crazy world, beauty that God creates all around me, I find things that symbolize some truth and I attach a verse. It has really helped me put an action step to pulling myself out of some dark days and turning to Jesus to find freedom from some of my struggles. When we dwell on truth, we don't have space to think on negatives, we are no longer slaves to our addictions, we start replacing all the lies and comparisons we believe with new "broken records" of truth. That is where we find healing and freedom.

Maybe you need to start your own Beauty Box to have some tangible truth to turn to when you're tempted or weak. I'm telling you this first step of faith ALWAYS brings me back to the Word of God, the only place of truth that matters. The key to joy is only found in Jesus.

This box sitting on my hutch the last 5 years has been a daily reminder of how I have treasured this box, I have handled it with care, I have only put it in a special place of vision. It's that little reminder that "Oh yes I am a treasure to God. I am a treasure. I was sought after. I was bought with a price when Jesus died for me. And that is truth."
And that is truth for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment