Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Beautiful Potential


I had this {beautiful moment} while I was sitting in our bright, cheery blue room; the sun was shining in, the flowers all around felt very Springy, only thing missing was a perfect Spring breeze through the windows.
I was chatting with a lovely friend, drinking a cup of tea and I had a {moment}, a {glimpse} of a beautiful picture of what God intended for women. 

We were talking about our struggle with comparison. We were describing our deepest heart's desire to live in freedom of truly embracing the woman God made us to be. We were vulnerable to admit our exhaustion in comparing ourselves to other women. It's a really awful struggle for women. 

We {CAN'T} BE the beautiful woman we were made to be if we're putting all our energy into looking at other women. 
We {CAN'T} experience those beautiful moments with our girlfriends if we're using the word "busy" and "finding a date" to squeeze time in for a friend. 
{We} women are our own greatest enemy in discovering our potential and experiencing the beautiful potential God created us to become.

I felt {God's anger} for a brief moment. I felt {His pain} that we women are suppressing His great plan for us to be in relationship with each other by squelching those very opportunities with "being too busy". I will call it out and put it to you straight. It's sickening, it's heart-breaking, it's just plain sad. {God designed women} to do life together, to be vulnerable, to share our deepest heart's desires, to bring our struggles into the light. God {so deeply longs} for women to sit in a bright, cheery blue room drinking tea and talking about life. We {need} each other. We {need} to fight for good together. We {need} to grow in strength together and walk this journey together.

Am I perfect at this? No ma'am! But for a brief moment I felt God's pained heart and I experienced the beauty He desires for us and I want to fight for it.
 
Women everywhere, let's fight for our girlfriends. Let's fight the disease of being too busy. Let's open our schedules and make space for beauty to bloom. Be challenged. Be convicted. Be offended. I know I am. Who's with me?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment