Saturday, August 9, 2014

Celebrate Life

 Moments like this don't come all the time, certainly not every day, but it was a moment captured in time that shines true joy and embracing life.
 Nobody posts pictures or can fully describe the dark moments in life, and who wants to read about those, but we all have them. We can go through months of darkness and time can keep marching on before a bright, shiny moment like this is captured. Some of us might even look at this moment in my life and feel sadness or hurt, and I'm not sharing this post to bring about those feelings at all, quite the opposite. We have choices in life. We go through the valleys, the dark moments, but we can choose to stay in them and let time pass us by or. . . we can choose to step out into the sunshine and embrace the precious things in life that we do have. 

There's a lot of things I don't have, a lot of struggles I face, a lot of dark moments I've walked through, a lot of uncertainty, but I do have a husband that wants to walk by the river and a son that wants to play in the river and (as of Aug. 6 at 3:19pm) another son who wants to sleep by the river. 

We can choose to focus on what we do have and choose to embrace the life we have been given. Everything else we can choose to let go of or life will pass by. 
Life really does pass us by if we let it. 
There have been so many days I have chosen to sit in pity or wallow and I've just completely missed what joy that day had to offer.
But for me, this moment, I want to forever encapsulate this moment to remember to choose joy and choose to embrace life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment