Friday, July 25, 2014

Sweetness of Life Seasons.

In this season of my life, I may feel like a deflated mommy, but it is such a sweet season. One I'll never get back. 

When will Asher be one again? When I get him all to myself? When Zane is still squirming around in my womb? It's made me think of my life in blocks. It's been 3 moves in 3 years of marriage (and going on another move soon). 

Moving states to my in-law's country house before our wedding.
Our cheery apartment with a view and no money to our name.
Our dreary apartment with a pool, a one year old and a baby on the way.

I am learning to be grateful in prosperity and in poor. 
Some seasons will be beautiful homes and some seasons will be dreary apartments, and I'm learning to find the beautiful in each place and to make each place our home, and to learn what I need to learn in each place.
The beautiful country home I had the freedom to spend all day with my husband boating and playing in the woods. In the dark, dreary apartment that sucked the life out of me I could float in the pool throughout both my pregnancies (and if you've ever been pregnant, you know the beauty in being able to float). There has been beautiful in every season of our new marriage and lessons to be learned in every place we've lived. 

Hope you will walk with me on my next journey to making each place we live our home.

As you can see above, it's pretty close to impossible to make our home pretty but notice I said the word close. . . and who says home has to be pretty anyway? My one year old is happy making it home right now and my pregnant self is making a home on my pillow. 

There is still lots of ideas and tricks I can do to make it closer to pretty.





No comments:

Post a Comment