Tuesday, July 26, 2016

9 Months and Waiting

You're nearing the end of pregnancy and feeling like "today could be the day" ...EVERY.. day.
I may say I have no fear, but I have my freak out moments. I don't claim to be any superwoman, but it's more like I've found the courage to believe God made women to embrace birth and I'm not going to run away in fear this time.
<<<>>>
Courage is not the absence of fear.
It's taking action despite the fear. 
<<<>>>
"Courage is looking beyond yourself to what is best for another.
The source of all courage is the Holy Spirit of God, our Comforter. It is His nature to remain at our side to help us. When we welcome Him into our lives and He compels us to do something, we can confidently TRUST He will be right there, helping us get it done."
(God's Little Devotional Book for Women p. 89)
<<<>>>
Paul had this kind of courage in Acts chapter 27 when he showed faith to completely TRUST God even when every other sign pointed the other way.
When modern medicine and the modern woman is constantly telling us "birth is pain" we don't like that word, we run from that word, we talk to all our mom friends about pain interventions and then we completely deny ourselves the honor of finding our own inner strength. 
I'm praying today with hope for mamas in their last lap to have the courage to face the beauty of birth and the patience to wait with hope. 
I was watching a video on natural birth to get my mind ready and she quoted 
"Life has much to offer when one dares to feel it." 
Are we going to be women who courageously face birth and surrender ourselves to our own greatness?
<<<>>>
I had pitocin with my other two births to speed things up and it was agonizing and unnatural and that drug is awful. This time I'm going to wait patiently with hope for my baby girl to arrive and I'm sure it's going to get INTENSE and there will be times in labor I'll want to give in and take some pain intervention but it's actually the FEAR of pain that makes birth so painful and it's not pain, it's natural. I get that now. So I'm going to courageously breathe and relax through each contraction.
Mamas, you are so strong and so beautiful. It took me a long time to believe that about myself. Birth isn't some special skill only for the superwoman. God made you to experience it and bond with your baby in that very special way, so trust yourself, your spouse, your caregiver and God's design for birth.
<<<>>>
WAITING WITH HOPE
(from "Streams in the Desert" July 26th)
Waiting with Hope is very difficult, but true patience is expressed when we must even wait for hope.
When we see no hint of success yet refuse to despair, when we see nothing but the darkness of night through our window yet keep the shutters open because stars may appear in the sky, and when we have an empty place in our heart yet will not allow it to be filled with anything less than God's best-- that is the greatest kind of patience in the universe.
Dear Lord, you have made waiting beautiful and patience divine. You have taught us that Your will should be accepted, simply because it is Your will. You have revealed to us that a person may see nothing but sorrow in his cup yet still be willing to drink it because of a conviction that Your eyes see further than his own.. Give me Your divine power- the power of Gethsemane. Give me the strength to wait for hope- to look through the window when there are no stars. Even when my joy is gone, give me the strength to stand victoriously in the darkest night and say "To my heavenly Father, the sun still shines"

No comments:

Post a Comment