Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bee a loyal friend

Today's BLT Challenge: Bee a loyal friend

We all want a good friend in our life, a sister who will laugh with us and cry with us, but we're not always willing to BEE a good, loyal friend. I love my friends, I love my neighbors, I really do, I can't help it that's why I get so discouraged with Minnesotans when they hibernate for the winter months or thoughtlessly cancel last minute because I truly love the people in my life and I want to know them so HOW do we overcome the disappointments with people?!? 
We push past ourselves, our selfish feelings and we keep trying.  
Let's face it, we aren't always the greatest friend to others, we don't always love our neighbor the best, we cancel for no good reason, we can really hurt our friends but it's a new year and we can GROW in loving others. I know I have lots of room to grow in being a good friend.
I keep throwing out a line, I keep pushing doors, I use holidays to open our doors and the rest is up to our friends responding. All we can do is our part. 

Here's your challenge to do something selfless even if you don't feel like it.
Make 5 easy appetizers, mix up sprite and juice in a jug, and send out 20 text messages or if you're really eager, call them personally. I hand wrote some invites for our neighbors and texted a few others. Then see who shows up and have some FUN!!! 

1. Cheese & Cracker platter
2. Pasta salad (pasta, celery, tomato, cilantro, onion, salami, ceasar dressing, done!)
3. Sausage dip & Chips (1 can of rotel, 1 package of sausage, 1 box of cream cheese- crockpot 4 hours low, cook the meat first)
4. Cucumber bread (fresh baguette, cream cheese, cucumber, lowry's and pepper)
5. Weenies in a blanket

 LOVE to hear how your night of Apps & Drinks goes with friends and neighbors!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment